Thursday, April 11, 2013

With Humble Gratitude

WOW! I just realized that I haven't posted in a while. I guess I can't even call this blog Ernie and his Girls any more. It is a detriment to Keaston. Any way.... Friends and Family! I want to sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers over the last 2 weeks for our family especially with Keaston and Kim. For the first time in a very long time I felt the holy spirit working in ways that He is meant to work. I don't know what is truly like to be exiled and needing to clasp onto every bit of my faith like the Israelites but that is truly the way I have felt until this incident. My family actually stood behind me for the first time in a while without reservation. The social network that is Facebook helped Kim and I deal understand what others have been through and that this was not a crisis we needed to be completely devastated about. I was able to talk to friends who I haven't talked to in a while just with the comfort knowing that they are still a huge part of my family's lives. I guess that is called Christianity! What a wonderful thing! Christianity and Community. I LOVE IT!! Let's do more of it together. This latest experience has made Kim and I want to participate in that community more and help others like they have helped us. I don't know if anyone has been watching the History Channel's THE BIBLE but you get a feeling of what our faith brothers and sisters had to go through but story after story you see the perseverance and the believe that God is in control. ALWAYS AND FOREVER! I feel that and I hope this feeling never ever leaves me again. To everyone who has been praying for us here is an update on Keaston. He is officially off his oxygen and has been improving daily. The next day or so we have to have a Dr. come to the house to do one more room air test but my boy is going to pass with flying colors. The trick over the next couple of days is to make sure that Keaston is fully healed of this virus. But... He has been smiling (I think because he doesn't have to have oxygen tubes taped to his face anymore) He has been eating more than enough (about 4 ounces per feeding) and he is acting like he actually likes his mommy and daddy again. The other day I held him for 2 hours and all he did with me was coo and caw the whole time. Now this is fun and this is how I remember parenting. Kim is slowly getting better although her ear still hurts a little but every day it seems that we are turning the corner. So...Once again.... THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. Kim, Ella, Keaston, Mylie, and I are truly humbled by this Community and Christianity. We live in a sinful sinful world but the promise of the hope is never ending. Thank you all for helping me (a sinner) finally realize this!

1 comment:

Sweet Home Colorado said...

We sure love Keaston and we sure love your family! So happy to see he is doing so much better! Times like this one really help you renew your faith in God. It's tough through the storm, but God's plan is always amazing in the end!