Wednesday, March 3, 2010

And Now from Denver Colorado standing 5' 7" .........

#30 ... Wearing the depends t-shirt........ ERNIE......... KRAUTH!!!!!

Thats right folks, That is how I was introduced at my surprise party on Sunday. Ok Not really but Kim totally surprised me by throwing me a 30 year old 3 on 3 tourney.

I Had NO idea. Turns out Mark was in on the planning and got me to the High School where there was about 30 people that I dearly love waiting to scare the crap out of me. Actually now that its over I give Kim a lot of credit. She says that she isn't a party planner but I have to tell you it was one of the best Birthday Parties ever.

What Sunday made me realize (Other than my friends are great and my wife is greater) is that I now know why God didn't make me tall. I'm just no good at basketball. I'll stick with cheering on the Nuggets and Blue Devils, and of course the Crusaders until I'm old. Oh Wait I might be Old already Just check out the pictures below.


THE SHOCK AND SUPRISE!!!


THE REALIZATION AND MARCH MADNESS BRACKET


THE PREGOS! AND ME WITH CAKE.


MY MAD DRIVING SKILLS. (FYI.. I TOTALLY DUNKED IT DURING THIS PLAY)



THE TOURNAMENT WINNERS AND BIRTHDAY BOY!

2 comments:

Barb J. said...

Happy 30th Ernie! Sorry we missed the party but want to wish you (our surrogate son) a very happy day and exciting year to come. Looks like a great party. Good work, Kim!

Cara S. said...

I echo my mom's sentiments...Happy Birthday! Sorry we couldn't make it, but it looks like it was tons of fun, and I'm glad Mark and Kim pulled off the surprise!